Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rockin' and Rollin'


Big news! Connor rolled over from his tummy to his back last night! It wasn't an accident either. He did it three times in a row. It was very exciting!

It's already sad to see him growing. I can still feel where my belly used to be. I got phantom kicks for a couple of weeks, but those are long gone. I still reach down to touch my belly though, and it makes me sad when it's not there anymore. He's spending more and more hours awake now, and he just smiles and smiles. I can tell he's going to start laughing soon. It's just amazing how fast 7 weeks have flown by already.

We're planning on going camping on Tuesday, and I'm really looking forward to it. We have a beautiful campsite up in the mountains and I think it will be a perfect getaway for all of us. We've all been at each other's throats a bit these past few weeks. The campsite is perfect for a baby too. Lots of shade so that he's not in the sun at all, and it doesn't get above 80 because the altitude is so high. At night it gets down around 60 or so, but we have plenty of wearable blankets for him to use. We have his playpen too for him to sleep in, but if it gets cold he can sleep in his carseat in the car with me and Chris. (We bring a mattress and sleep in the back of the van. The girls prefer a tent so it works out great)

If we do end up going, I'll be sure to take tons of pictures and bring the video camera. We have a video camera from my dad last Christmas and I still haven't used it. I really need to remedy that!

No comments: