Sunday, October 10, 2010

Counting lapbook!

Here is our second lapbook, with a focus on counting to five. For the record, I know a lot of people are against doing anything "school like" with toddlers, but I think as long as he's enjoying it, why not? I'm not forcing him to sit down and listen to a lesson, we're just having fun!

I designed this one myself, using templates from this website.

Here it is with the cover closed:
Photobucket

And here are all of the minibooks:
Photobucket

The petal book opens to show dice inspired dots, one through five. The pocket holds 4x6 cards with pictures of objects, again one through five:
Photobucket

The acordian book has hearts, one through five, plus the number written above. The matchbook cover holds a counting game, with pictures in random order to count:
Photobucket

There was an extra page in the matchbook, so I thought "Good Job" was a nice touch:
Photobucket

And here he is enjoying it! Every time he opened a new book, he said "Oooh, what's that?"
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: